I think everyone is well aware that your house needs a sturdy, well-installed roof to ensure years of trouble-free coverage for your home. But I bet you didn’t know that applying a roof coating could increase the lifespan of your roof, whether it is a new roof or over 10 years years of age. A roof coating is one of the best things you can do to improve your roof, protect it from weather and reduce energy costs.
Your roof is exposed to heat, ultraviolet rays, rain, and wind over the years and the roofing system materials begin to break down. This chemical deterioration begins to affect your roof’s appearance and function. A roof coating will add strength and endurance to your roof while maintaining the beautiful appearance of your home or office.
Your roof is the most important part of your home or business and without proper installation and maintenance, your roof is susceptible to water damage and adverse effects from mold and mildew that result from leaks.
Roof coatings act as a barrier between your roof and the elements and many are approved by Energy Star for their demonstrated advantages. These advantages include:
- Reduced cooling bills. Some roof coatings lower your roof’s surface temperature and can decrease the temperature of the inside of your home by 7-10 degrees.
- Increased life of your roof. Coatings can restore moderately aged roofs. It can improve waterproof quality; prevent UV damage while lowering maintenance expenses.
- Aesthetic improvements. Rather than replacing an aged, unsightly roof, you can improve the appearance by applying a coating.
- Avoid early roof replacement. Small leaks and other minor damage can be repaired before the roof coating is applied and you may be able to avoid a full roof replacement for years if you use the right coating.
- Fade resistance. Reflective roof coatings can help maintain the color of your roof. This will improve the overall look of your home as it ages.
- Reduced construction debris. It has been discovered that roofing projects generate approximately 40% of all construction waste entering the landfills. When you apply a roof coating it can delay the need for costly replacement and the need to dispose of the old roofing material.
Coating systems can be applied to just about any roofing material, including shingle, slate, wood shake, metal and tile. Applying a roof coating is an investment that begins paying for itself almost immediately and will continue every year with potentially large financial savings in repairs. If you are considering this effective method of extending the life of your roof, call Premo Roofing Company, a family owned and operated roofing contractor with over 30 years of experience. Call 831-241-4811 or request your Free Estimate.