A Safe and Spooktacular Halloween
SAFETY TIPS FOR TRICK-OR-TREATERS
For young children, Halloween is one of the best nights of the year. But trick-or-treating can be dangerous if children and parents are not careful. Make this year’s haunted holiday as safe and fun as can be with these great tips:
- Swords, knives and similar costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and help others see you.
- Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent skin and eye irritation.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Lower your risk for serious eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.
- Only walk on sidewalks or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats unless you know the cook well.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult. Otherwise, stay outside.
- Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.
Premo Roofing Company wishes a safe Halloween for your little ghosts and goblins!